so today i learned that in the late 1800s-early 1900s, the navy became concerned about possible homosexual activity among their sailors
so they sent in decoys, whose job was to pretend to want to engage in homosexual activity in order to find gay sailors
except then the job of the decoy got popular
like, really popular
like… worryingly popular?
reports said that the decoys were performing their jobs with “much enthusiasm and zeal”
eventually the navy decided. to. just stop.
- Parents: Don't forget to make us proud
- Friends: Don't forget to socialize
- Teachers: Don't forget to get A's
- Strangers: Don't forget to blend in
- Opposite sex: Don't forget to look good
- Society: Don't forget to be perfect
- Tumblr: Fuck the world, they're peasants. At least you haven't murdered somebody today
- Tumblr: But just in case you want to get away with it, here are some tips.
how to get over old rockstars:
- you just don’t